White Quinoa Raw | Truweight
Quinoa has turned out to be progressively more popular among those looking to improve or maintain their health. This grain is high in protein, fibre, B-vitamins, magnesium, calcium and phosphorus, vitamin E and various beneficial antioxidants.
White Quinoa Raw is naturally gluten-free, making it a great option for those with coeliac disease. It is one of the few plant foods that contain sufficient amounts of all nine essential amino acids. This versatile grain is easy to use in many ways.
- White Quinoa Raw is a complete protein rich food, containing all nine essential amino acids.
- Quinoa is rich in magnesium. Magnesium helps to relax blood vessels. It is also known to reduce Type 2 diabetes by promoting healthy blood sugar control.
- White Quinoa is rich in flavonoids such as quercetin and kaempferol. It has plant antioxidants that come with numerous health benefits.
- Quinoa is much higher in fiber than most grains. It is naturally gluten-free.
- Quinoa has a low glycemic index, it is fiber and protein rich. These properties have all been linked to weight loss and improved health.
- White quinoa is essential in maintaining cholesterol levels.
- It is also a good source of iron and folate.
Quinoa Upma Recipe
Mustard seeds (1tsp), Curry leaves (few), Green chili (2nos), Onion (1nos), White Quinoa (50-100gms), Oil, Salt (to taste)
- Heat 1-2 tsp of oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, chopped green chilies and chopped onions. Saute for 2 minutes and then add the mixed veggies of your choice and add ginger. Mix and saute for a minute.
- Pour water to this mix and add salt. Once the water starts to boil, add the water drained quinoa. Cook on a medium flame until quinoa turns tender and absorbs all the water. Serve it hot.