THE CHROME THERAPY - Guidelines
All of us might have marveled at the beautiful colors of a RAINBOW at some point of our lives. But ever wondered how incredible it would be to bring all those colors in our diet? Research has suggested that having different colors in your diet makes it not only appetizing but also healthy. Cooking with colors makes it more visually appealing and also provides healthy nutrients. Each color of a food has a distinct health-promoting property. Different colored foods have different pigments (read phytochemicals) which are as important to our health as vitamins and minerals. Introducing a full spectrum of colors into your diet each day is an easy and reliable way of being certain you have a balanced diet. It is also vital to consume the full spectrum of colors to get the most nutrients to protect your overall health. Becoming more color conscious when it comes to meals can maximize your intake of disease-fighting nutrients and help you discover the golden health benefits at the end of the rainbow.
GUIDELINES FOR THIS WEEK
Now that we have a clear idea about all the health benefits of the rainbow colors, let’s include them in our diet. Two or three days of this week is devoted to a particular color. You will be including one color for two days in the following pattern: Day 1: Red Day 2: Red Day 3: Green Day 4: Green Day 5: Orange Day 6: Orange Day 7 will be your Cheat Day with Rainbow of colors. You are allowed to eat whatever you like and make it as color full as you can.
KNOW THE COLORS
Chrome Therapy has long recognized the strong health connection between the colors of food and their nutritional value but it is only in the last few years that the scientific establishment has come to support this theory. Let us have a look at all the colors individually and the health-promoting benefit they have on the body.
Day 1 Red: A warm stimulating color red, improves anemia, exhaustion, paralysis, poor circulation and sluggishness, particularly of the intestines. The most important nutrients in red colored foods are lycopene and anthocyanins. The presence of these pigments helps reduce the risk of cancers, free radical damage, and high blood pressure. They also inhibit tumor growth, lowers LDL cholesterol etc. Red fruits and vegetables promote heart health, healthy aging and memory, and urinary tract health. The different red foods are high in essential nutrients, too. Strawberries, beets, and kidney beans are good sources of folic acid. The beans are also packed with fiber, protein, and iron. Cranberries, strawberries, raspberries, red grapefruit, and red bell peppers all are loaded with vitamin C. Red bell peppers are an excellent source of vitamin A, which is necessary for eye and skin health. And cranberries protect against urinary tract infections. Cherries, figs, and tomatoes are high in potassium—a mineral that helps lower blood pressure. Another component of these foods, lycopene, keeps your heart healthy. Great sources of the antioxidant include watermelon and tomatoes.
Day 2 Green: Green Whole Foods contain the most powerful combination of nutrients than any other food. Chlorophyll is the major nutrient found in green foods. It lower cancer risk, blood pressure, LDL cholesterol, free radical damage, and improve your vision and immune system. Green fruits and vegetables contain phytochemicals, such as lutein and indoles, as well as vitamins A, C, E and K, beta-carotene and B vitamins. These substances can help lower cancer risk, improve eye health, and keep bones and teeth strong. Vitamin K, perhaps the star of all vitamins found in green vegetables, is important for blood clotting, keeping bones strong, and may help prevent hardening of the arteries, which can cause a heart attack.
Day 3 Orange: Orange foods are rich in carotenoids and citrus bioflavonoids. They improve brain function, decrease muscle cramps, lower cancer risk, lower heart disease risk, and increase the efficiency of your immune system. Orange foods assist in detoxifying and releasing toxins from the body. Beta-carotene, Vitamin C, Calcium, copper, selenium, and zinc are all plentiful in orange foods. These foods help people maintain good vision fortify the immune system, promote proper bone and tooth development and help in the formation and maintenance of healthy skin and hair.
Ten Commandments of Truweight
- Drink 2-3 litres of water daily & sleep for 7-8 hours.
- Stop counting calories; instead focus on nutrient value of food. An apple is anyday better than a 200ml bottle of cola even though it has more calories.
- Follow Truweight Plate during lunch/dinner: 50% vegetables, 25% carbs, 25% protein. For carbs, don’t just rely on wheat & rice and have variety of whole grains and millets.
- Consume 25-40 gms of fibre daily and .7-1 gm of protein for every kg of ideal body weight.
- Make dinner as light as possible. Try to go for grain free on few days. Gap between dinner and sleep should be 2-3 hours.
- Include buttermilk, coconut water, vegetable juice, sprouts, salad on a daily basis.
- Gap between 2 meals should not be more than 3.5 hours.
- Include good fat in diet like nuts, seeds. Cut down on oil, it should not be more than 2-3 tsp every day if you are trying to lose weight. Use cold pressed oil instead of refined oils.
- Get medical tests done to know your nutritional deficiency and hormonal imbalance. Discuss the reports with your dietician.
- Eat Super Foods. They are designed after years of research, combining best of Super Foods. They are also high in protein and fibre and very rich in nutrient value.
And most important, have a positive attitude and follow the program religiously 🙂
Regular exercise is an important detoxing tool. Exercise helps to relieve stress and increases the flow of oxygen to the brain. It stimulates our bodies to shed toxins and strengthen bones and muscles. Try to incorporate 30 minutes of physical exercise, 3-5 times a week.
Learn some healthy recipes
Healthy weight loss starts from kitchen. And if you cannot get tasty food, we can assure you that your weight loss journey will not last for a long time. And we can also assure you that healthy food habits do not have to be boring and mundane. There are hundreds of interesting recipes that you can delight both your taste buds and waistline. It is very important to learn these recipes for a sustained and happy weight loss journey. Visit our website for good recipes (www.truweight.in/blog). Remember, weight loss journey does not have to be a torture, it is not about deprivation. It is about being happy and your good health.
Guidelines on how to consume Products
- You can have 1-1.5 tsp of Tru Fibre (Super Fibre) daily before meal. It can be had in either buttermilk or water. Depending on your comfort, you can have it either before lunch or dinner or both. It is a Free Food.
- Consume 10 ml of Tru Juice (Super Juice) with water (50-100 ml) at room temperature. Ideally have it in the early morning. After few days, it can be consumed without water as per your comfort.
- Take Trifala with lukewarm water or regular water before bedtime.
- If you can eat eggs, try and have eggs on 3-4 days during detox. If you have high cholesterol (or are hypertensive), then restrict it to 2 whole eggs per week, otherwise 4 whole eggs per week (can have more egg whites).
- Try to reduce tea/coffee or substitute it with teatox/herbal teas without sugar. If you are addicted to it, then have one small cup and then gradually move towards teatox/green tea.
- Because of lack of gluten, gluten free rotis would be little difficult to make. You are advised to make it with warm water. Prepare rotis immediately before consumption.
- How to have Vegetable Juice: Please be very careful not to strain the pulp. Vegetable juice should be had with pulp as pulp contains fibre.
- You might not like the taste of semi polished or hand pound rice initially, but give it some time. It takes 21 days usually to accept any new taste and after that you will start loving it. And believe us, it would be one of the healthiest changes that you will be making to your diet. If you have eaten brown rice before you can continue to eat it if not start with semi-brown or hand pound rice.
- Initially, you are also advised to make some dish out of brown rice to improve the taste e.g. biryani, lemon rice, curd rice. Refer our website for few recipes (www.truweight.in). If you are eating brown rice for the first time, then make sure that it is cooked well and you begin with a small quantity and then increase the quantity. Less than 1% of people might face some digestion problem because of its higher fiber content, but then there is nothing to worry. Your body will get used to it with time. Your body needs fibre and with detox and probiotics, your digestion will improve.
- Chew slowly and eat properly without much disturbance.
- Eat your first meal within 30-60 minutes of getting up. And it should not be tea/coffee. Ideally, it should be a fruit/seeds/nuts/juice.
- Use smaller plates and other containers to cut on the portion size.
- Eat more when you are more active. Eat less, when you are less active.
- Incorporate one fruit in your daily diet. Fruit should not be taken after a meal. Fruit should be taken as a stand alone small meal. Preferably in the morning/mid morning snacks. Fruit should be avoided after 6 in the evening.
- Reduce your stress level. Stress is a big factor leading to weight gain.
- If your BMI is greater than 30, then you should consume two bowls of dal/legume preparation/curries. Ideally do not increase consumption of carb, but use healthier foods to fill your stomach.
- There are certain free Foods in the program (e.g. Teatox, WOW drink, buttermilk, vegetable juice, egg whites, coconut water, etc.). You can have these foods anytime without worrying whether it is a part of your meal plan.