Roasted Flaxseeds | Truweight
Flaxseed is emerging as a vital functional food ingredient due to its nutritional value. They are a rich source of Omega-3 fatty acids like Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), short chain polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA), soluble and insoluble fibres, phytoestrogen lignans, proteins and an array of antioxidants.
The increasing acceptance of these roasted flaxseeds is due to its health imparting advantages in reducing cardiovascular diseases, as well as decreasing the risk of cancer, particularly of the mammary and prostate gland.
Roasted flaxseeds have anti-inflammatory properties and also a laxative effect. These seeds also help in the alleviation of menopausal symptoms and osteoporosis.
Roasted Flaxseed can be consumed as a snack, sprinkled on soups or salads and even into smoothies. Once powdered, use them within 15 minutes, so you do not lose their benefits.
- Plant based Omega-3 fatty acids like Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), are beneficial for your heart health and are associated with lowering risks of heart related problems.
- Flaxseeds are rich in lignans, which have effective antioxidants and estrogen properties.
- Roasted Flaxseeds may help in weight management by controlling appetite.
- Flaxseeds are dense in fiber content and help to improve digestive health and lower cholesterol levels.
- Flaxseeds may help lower blood sugar levels due to their insoluble fiber content. It is an excellent addition in the diets of people with diabetes.