Protein Rich Upma Recipe – Truweight
When you are in a hurry to go to the office in the morning, all you need is an easy to prepare dish with great health benefits. Truweight has such miracle food granted for you.
Protein upma recipe is a ready-to-cook breakfast; it has 50% more protein than normal upma; It contains oats, pea protein & dehydrated vegetables.
This truweight breakfast is a combination of oats, wheat semolina, pea protein, rice flakes & dehydrated vegetables.
This protein upma also contains fibre which is required as part of everyday diet. It is a tasty and nutritious breakfast item.
Oats, Wheat Semolina, Rice Poha, Pea Protein Powder, Cold Pressed Groundnut Oil, Mixed Dal (Bengal Gram, Black Gram), Dried Vegetables, Spices & Condiments, Curry Leaves, Salt, Skimmed Milk Powder,
Sugar, Lemon Juice Powder,
Tomato Powder, Herbs (Oregano Basil)
1. Oats contains a soluble fibre called beta-glucan, which lowers cholesterol in 3 ways :
- It binds with fat substances in the gut and prevents their absorption into the body;
- Preventing cholesterol like substances in bile from being reabsorbed.
- Since less cholesterol is absorbed by the gut, the body has to take more cholesterol out of the blood stream and process it into the bile to help with the digestive process. This serves to help reduce the levels of cholesterol in our body.
2. Wheat semolina is digested slowly and it helps to make you feel full for longer and prevents you from overeatingWheat semolina is digested slowly, and it helps to make you feel full for longer and prevents you from overeating.
3. Pea protein which is a concentrated source of good quality protein (80%) as it is allergy-free (unlike soy protein), has a good balance of amino acids, contains lysine and arginine which are considered beneficial for active lifestyles.
4. Bengal gram dal and black gram dal are rich sources of protein.
5. Dried vegetables are rich in insoluble fibre, which keeps the person full for a longer time. Its fiber contents helps for weight loss by eliminating fat particles and toxins out of the body and also by maintaining gut bacteria.