- You get 3 meals to choose on your own. Enjoy the freedom but don’t indulge too much.
- You have the Flexibility to interchange daily plans for first 6 days. Similarly you can interchange between the last 4 Gluten Free and lactose free (milk free) days.
- Please don’t mix last 4 Gluten Free days and lactose free (milk free) with first 6 days.
- Evening snacks and mid morning snacks can be interchanged.
- If you can’t eat rice for lunch, then have phulkas for the first 6 days, Eat rice or gluten free roti for last 4 days.
- If you cannot make dosa (with Dosa Mix), then make uttapam/chila.
Following Free Foods can be had whenever you feel hungry:
- Salads, Legumes (without oil), Chana, Pulses, Soups,Sprouts,
- buttermilk (skimmed milk), Coconut water, Veg Juice (without sugar),
- Super Fibre,Egg whites, Teatox,
- Vegetables, Veg curries/rasam/sambhar (without oil)
Move to Semi brown / Red / Parboiled rice in case you are currently consuming white rice. Ultimate aim should be to move to brown rice
- Tea / Coffee
Avoid Caffeine. Restrict Tea/coffee to 1-2 cups a day incase you are addicted to it. Move to herbal tea in addition to Teatox.
– Eat 2 egg whites on at least 5 days (if you eat eggs). You can eat up to 5 whole eggs in 10 days period.
– Best form to have is Egg whites, else make other preparations with less oil.
– Eat 2 fruits every day. If you are diabetic, then restrict to 1 fruit per day.
– Eat one fruit within 2 hours of waking up.
– You must have 1 probiotic every day. It can be taken after dinner, if you forget having it after lunch.
– Buy Darolac or Velgut from any medical store.
- Added Veggies
You should make 3 Grain Upma, Tomato Soup, Tomato Moong Soup and Corn Soup with added vegetables.
- Super Fibre
– Super Fibre tastes best with Buttermilk, you can also have it with water.
– If you cannot have buttermilk with Fibre at lunch time, have it 15-30 minutes
Avoid non-veg during Detox period. But if you cannot, you can have it as “Food of Your Choice”.
- Super Juice
Super Juice should be consumed 10-15 minutes before breakfast. You can mix 5ml in 50-100ml of water.
- Shake a day
Shake a day can be consumed along with skimmed milk on the third and sixth day of detox which are grain free days.
- Foods to avoid
In all forms and different names. Only exception being Stevia. Cut down intake to 1-2 teaspoons/day or use unprocessed forms like jaggery or brown sugar.
- Dairy Products
Opt for fermented products such as curd, buttermilk over milk and butter! Lactose in milk could result in allergy. Fermentation converts lactose to lactic acid and hence safe.
Relax! Avoid meat for just 10 days during the detox period. Meat could be difficult to digest and may also have toxins. Save the best for the last, after detox!
Gluten is a cereal protein present in wheat and barley. For some, it could be the cause of allergy. Go gluten free from 7th day to 10th day of the program.
Present in coffee (both regular and decaffeinated), black tea, colas etc. Substitute with green tea. If you can’t control, then restrict to 1-2 cups a day.
- Other Foods to Avoid
Alcohol, Food additives and preservatives, Chocolate, High-Fat Foods.
Ten Commandments of Truweight
- Drink 2-3 litres of water daily & sleep for 7-8 hours.
- Stop counting calories; instead focus on nutrient value of food. An apple is anyday better than a 200ml bottle of cola even though it has more calories.
- Follow Truweight Plate during lunch/dinner: 50% vegetables, 25% carbs, 25% protein. For carbs, don’t just rely on wheat & rice and have variety of whole grains and millets.
- Consume 25-40 gms of fibre daily and .7-1 gm of protein for every kg of ideal body weight.
- Make dinner as light as possible. Try to go for grain free on few days. Gap between dinner and sleep should be 2-3 hours.
- Include buttermilk, coconut water, vegetable juice, sprouts, salad on a daily basis.
- Gap between 2 meals should not be more than 3.5 hours.
- Include good fat in diet like nuts, seeds. Cut down on oil, it should not be more than 2-3 tsp every day if you are trying to lose weight. Use cold pressed oil instead of refined oils.
- Get medical tests done to know your nutritional deficiency and hormonal imbalance. Discuss the reports with your dietician.
- Eat Super Foods. They are designed after years of research, combining best of Super Foods. They are also high in protein and fibre and very rich in nutrient value.
And most important, have a positive attitude and follow the program religiously 🙂
Regular exercise is an important detoxing tool. Exercise helps to relieve stress and increases the flow of oxygen to the brain. It stimulates our bodies to shed toxins and strengthen bones and muscles. Try to incorporate 30 minutes of physical exercise, 3-5 times a week.
Learn some healthy recipes
Healthy weight loss starts from kitchen. And if you cannot get tasty food, we can assure you that your weight loss journey will not last for a long time. And we can also assure you that healthy food habits do not have to be boring and mundane. There are hundreds of interesting recipes that you can delight both your taste buds and waistline. It is very important to learn these recipes for a sustained and happy weight loss journey. Visit our website for good recipes (www.truweight.in/blog). Remember, weight loss journey does not have to be a torture, it is not about deprivation. It is about being happy and your good health.
Guidelines on how to consume Products
- You can have 1-1.5 tsp of Tru Fibre (Super Fibre) daily before meal. It can be had in either buttermilk or water. Depending on your comfort, you can have it either before lunch or dinner or both. It is a Free Food.
- Consume 10 ml of Tru Juice (Super Juice) with water (50-100 ml) at room temperature. Ideally have it in the early morning. After few days, it can be consumed without water as per your comfort.
- Take Trifala with lukewarm water or regular water before bedtime.
- If you can eat eggs, try and have eggs on 3-4 days during detox. If you have high cholesterol (or are hypertensive), then restrict it to 2 whole eggs per week, otherwise 4 whole eggs per week (can have more egg whites).
- Try to reduce tea/coffee or substitute it with teatox/herbal teas without sugar. If you are addicted to it, then have one small cup and then gradually move towards teatox/green tea.
- Because of lack of gluten, gluten free rotis would be little difficult to make. You are advised to make it with warm water. Prepare rotis immediately before consumption.
- How to have Vegetable Juice: Please be very careful not to strain the pulp. Vegetable juice should be had with pulp as pulp contains fibre.
- You might not like the taste of semi polished or hand pound rice initially, but give it some time. It takes 21 days usually to accept any new taste and after that you will start loving it. And believe us, it would be one of the healthiest changes that you will be making to your diet. If you have eaten brown rice before you can continue to eat it if not start with semi-brown or hand pound rice.
- Initially, you are also advised to make some dish out of brown rice to improve the taste e.g. biryani, lemon rice, curd rice. Refer our website for few recipes (www.truweight.in). If you are eating brown rice for the first time, then make sure that it is cooked well and you begin with a small quantity and then increase the quantity. Less than 1% of people might face some digestion problem because of its higher fiber content, but then there is nothing to worry. Your body will get used to it with time. Your body needs fibre and with detox and probiotics, your digestion will improve.
- Chew slowly and eat properly without much disturbance.
- Eat your first meal within 30-60 minutes of getting up. And it should not be tea/coffee. Ideally, it should be a fruit/seeds/nuts/juice.
- Use smaller plates and other containers to cut on the portion size.
- Eat more when you are more active. Eat less, when you are less active.
- Incorporate one fruit in your daily diet. Fruit should not be taken after a meal. Fruit should be taken as a stand alone small meal. Preferably in the morning/mid morning snacks. Fruit should be avoided after 6 in the evening.
- Reduce your stress level. Stress is a big factor leading to weight gain.
- If your BMI is greater than 30, then you should consume two bowls of dal/legume preparation/curries. Ideally do not increase consumption of carb, but use healthier foods to fill your stomach.
- There are certain free Foods in the program (e.g. Teatox, WOW drink, buttermilk, vegetable juice, egg whites, coconut water, etc.). You can have these foods anytime without worrying whether it is a part of your meal plan.