Truweight took an initiative to study the pattern of weight loss among a batch of their 120 clients.
Out of which 86 were female and 34 were male. The paper sheds light on how following the same diet program, the weight loss results can vary based on gender as well as age.
- After 10 days detox, the mean weight loss among female clients was found to be 2 kg whereas, the mean weight loss among male clients were found to be 2.5 kg.
- Analysis of the one month program showed that the mean weight loss among female clients was found to be 3.4 kg whereas, the mean weight loss among male clients were found to be 4.8 kg.
Bangalore 8 March 2018
Men and Women have different body structures and body metabolism that make women lose weight slower when compared to men.
Different reasons for this are
- Men have more muscles in their body frame that make them have a faster metabolism than women.
- This is one of the main reasons why they lose weight faster even if they very thinly tailor their diet plans.
- Also, according to a 2016 Yale University review, women have much higher levels of estrogen and progesterone, which contribute to stronger food cravings than men that can be an inhibitor of weight loss.
Truweight’s study paper on weight reduction submitted to International Journal of Food Science and Nutrition assesses the above point.
In 10 days and one month, the program analysis established that women lose weight slower than men do.
The study also found a solid association between weight loss, age, gender and Body Mass Index (BMI).
Diet is one of the key factors in the journey of a healthy weight loss and that is where Truweight’s belief ‘Food is the best medicine’ holds immense significance.
“Weight loss is not a race to check who can lose faster. Men might lose faster initially but in the long run, both might be at the same range.
Women need to focus on healthy weight loss that could be slow but consistent. Even a 5 to 10% decrease in body weight has benefits of improving blood sugar and blood pressure levels.
Consistency is the key. Eating right and following healthy lifestyle will help both men and women achieve their weight loss and health goals.” – said Suhasini Mudraganam, Chief Nutritionist, Truweight Wellness Pvt Ltd
The study paper lists the following points
- It is observed that nearly 82 percent female clients lost weight < 3 kg in 10 days detox and 17.9 percent lost weight > 3.1 kg. In the case of male clients, 58.3 percent lost < 3 kg and 41.7 percent lost weight > 3.1 kg in 10 days detox.
- In the one-month Truweight program, around 89.9 percent male clients and 56 percent female clients lost weight > 3.1 kg. Less than 3 kg weight loss was observed among 44 female clients and 11.1 percent male clients respectively.
The gender differences in weight losses after detox found to be statistically significant while gender difference in weight losses after 30 days found to be statistically highly significant.
- It is a weight management company that is based on superfoods and personal diet consultation.
- It was founded in the year of 2015 and now has its physical presence in 6 major Indian cities with an online global presence.
- For the weight loss program, each of its customers gets a personal dietitian who works on their entire meal plans taking their health conditions into account.
- Besides being a weight loss company, many of Truweight’s customers have shown positive results in improving their Diabetic, PCOS, Hypothyroidism conditions with new diet plans.
- These health issues are also very closely related to weight gain.
- Truweight comes with their own food products made from Superfoods selected from all over the world.
- It’s weight loss program is purely based on improving food habits naturally.
|Gender||Total no. of clients||Weight loss in detox (Mean + S.D)||Weight loss One month (Mean + S.D)|
|Females||84||2.0 + 1.1||3.4 + 1.4|
|Males||36||2.5 + 1.1||4.8 + 1.9|
|Total||120||2.1+ 1.1||3.8 + 1.7|
|p – value||0.024||< 0.0001|
From the above Table, it can be inferred that mean weight loss among female clients were found to be 2 kg during the 10 days detox and 3.4 kg after the one-month program.
Among the male clients the mean weight loss after 10 days detox was 2.5 kg and in the one-month program, the mean weight loss was 4.8 kg.
Analysis of the data using t-tests showed that the gender differences in weight losses after detox found to be statistically significant while gender difference in weight losses after 30 days found to be statistically highly significant (p < 0.001).
For more information, you can visit www.truweight.in