Wholesome Vegetable Pulao Recipe!
Vegetable Pulao is the ideal definition of a one pot meal comfort. It’s perfect for when you are craving for that quick, hot meal. Loaded with vegetables, just serve it with curd and papads.
Ingredients of Vegetable Pulao:
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 onions
- 1 tomato
- ½ cup peas (shelled)2 carrots
- 1 cup beans
- ½ cup cauliflower
- ½ capsicum
- ½ cup mint leaves
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Small piece of ginger (crushed)
- 3 pods of garlic
- 2 green chilies
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp ghee (optional)
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 4 cloves
- 2 cardamoms
- 1 small piece of cinnamon
- Cut the vegetables in diamond shape (except onion, tomato and capsicum) and boil them in water. Let them be crisp and not too soft.
- Cook rice in the rice cooker with 1:1 ¾ water ratio and cool it by spreading it on a plate so that it does not stick to each other.
- Heat oil in a pan, and add the ingredients for seasoning.
- Add onions and fry till crisp and then add tomatoes, green chilies, crushed ginger and garlic.
- Add rest of the vegetables, turmeric, chilli, masala, coriander, cumin powder and salt.
- Add washed and chopped mint leaves and diced capsicum.
- If required, close the lid and cook for a minute.
- Add rice to it. Make sure the vegetables and rice are in almost equal quantity.
- If required add some salt and ghee while mixing with the rice.
- Serve with raita or Kadi.
Checkout this Chapati Noodles Recipe