Tangy Tomato Chutney for your Diet!
Tomatoes in any form are an excellent source of antioxidants and vitamin C. Being an Indian, different kinds of chutney have always been a part of our authentic meals. Tomatoes contain niacin and lycopene that regulates the cholesterol levels. It’s high nutrient value and low caloric contains helps in burning fats and weight loss big time. If you are a tomato lover, this tomato chutney recipe will treat you and provide require nourishment to your health as well.
- 6 piece chopped Tomatoes
- 13-14 chopped Garlic (lehsun)
- 2 tsp Oil
- 6-7 Green Chilli
- ½ tsp Haldi powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 ½ tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- 2 Kashmiri red chilli broken
Learn here: How Busting calorie counting myths
- Heat ½ tsp oil non-stick pan, add haldi and tomatoes. Sauté on a medium flame for 5-6 minutes till tomatoes become little tender. Keep it aside in a bowl and allow it to cool.
- Heat ½ tsp oil non-stick pan and add roughly chopped green chilli, sauté on a medium flame for 3-4 minutes, now add 7-8 coriander leaves and sauté for 1 minute. Allow the mixture to cool.
- Now add both the mixture, along with garlic and salt to mixture grinder. Make a fine paste.
In a pan heat ½ tsp oil and add Mustard seeds, Urad dal, Curry leaves, broken kashmiri red chilli and 2-3 crushed garlic. Now add this tempering to the tomato chutney.
Note- Tomato chutney can be preserved in the fridge for 4-5 days.