Sundal with Raw Coconut
Preparation time- 20 mins
Level of cooking-easy
Sundal with raw coconut is a South Indian preparation made with chickpeas and fresh coconut. It’s really easy to prepare and within 20 mins you can serve it as a great side dish. Check out the recipe to learn how to prepare this dish in a snap!
- 1 cup dried black chickpeas
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tsp split green gram
- a pinch of asafoetida
- 2 dry red chilies
- 10-12 curry leaves
- 1 tsp fresh grated coconut
- salt as required
- Oil- 1 tsp
- Rinse and soak the chickpeas overnight in water.
- Drain and pressure cook the soaked chickpeas with 1 tsp salt and 3 to 4 cups water till they are soft.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the mustard and urad dal.
- The mustard seeds will crackle and the urad dal will get browned.
- They almost take the same time to cook on a low flame.
- Add the curry leaves, red chilies and asafoetida.
- Fry for 10-15 seconds.
- Add the cooked chickpeas and salt.
- Stir and saute for 4-5 minutes on a low to medium flame.
- Add the coconut at last and stir well.