Spinach Egg Cheese Omelette
The spinach, cheese, egg omelette gives you a combined dose of good protein, carbs, fibre and essential vitamins and minerals. Research shows that eating these three together keeps you fuller longer and gives you the energy to be more productive through the day. The high protein diet also ensures you have trimmer waistline. Eating eggs in the morning ensures that your body is able to control the release of hunger hormones ghrelin. Spinach is a powerful source of carotenoids and iron that help your body fight degenerative diseases like cataract, and anaemia.
- 2 nos egg
- 1 cup spinach leave shredded
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese (or any cheese of your choice)
- 1 tsp ooking oil or a small pat of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a bowl break the two eggs and whisk with a fork, add diced onions and spinach to the mix.
- Add salt and pepper and mix gently.
- In a frying pan or skillet add oil or butter, and put the egg mixture in. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes depending on how cooked you like the eggs to be.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top and cook for 1 minute till the cheese melts.
- Flip the omelette with a spatula and cook for a 1 or 2 minutes more.
- Serve hot.
|Component||g per 100|