Spicy Grilled Baby Corn kebab
Level of cooking: Easy
Preparation time: 30 min
Craving for Kebabs? What if we told you that you can try kebabs even if you are a vegetarian! In this recipe, learn how to make spicy grilled baby corn kebab. A blend of turmeric powder, thick curd and, ginger and mint leaves makes it a perfect recipe for snacking. Looking at the health side of things, baby corn is a good substitute for regular corn because of its glycemic index. It’s also rich in potassium and folic acid, hence, making it a great substitute for chips and other evening snacks.
4 baby corns
1/2 tbsp of thick curd
1 tbsp of roasted channa dal powder/corn flour/besan
Salt to taste
¼ tsp of turmeric powder
1/2 tsp of red chili powder
1/2 tsp of garam masala
salt to taste
1/2 tsp ginger and green chili paste
1/2 tbsp of mint leaves
1/2 tsp of oil
- Blanch the baby corns in boiling water with little salt for a few minutes.
- Then take them out from the water.
- Mix all the ingredients and add blanched baby corn to it. Coat all the corns properly.
- Marinate the baby corns for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Now preheat the oven.
- Place the marinated baby corns on a wire rack. Keep this wire rack on the baking tray to prevent the oven from getting dirty.
- Now place this on the upper rack and keep the oven on a broiler mode. Set the temperature to 220-degree celsius for 20 minutes.
- When you see the upper portion of baby corn getting dry, turn it to the other side with the help of a tong.
- When it becomes dry completely, take out the baking tray. Grill or broil it on the wire rack only, till it gets crispy just like kebabs.
- There you go! Your spicy grilled baby corn is ready.