Sauteed Mushroom with Peas
Mushrooms are in the league of all the coloured vegetables, namely carrots, tomatoes, pumpkin, due to their high antioxidant capacity. Apart from that, they are rich in selenium, vitamin D, and folate. These nutrients are shown to be beneficial in conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, weight management, immunity among others.
Serves: 1 -2
Level of cooking: medium
Preparation time: 15 min
3 tsp vegetable or chicken broth
1 cup crimini mushrooms
1/2 cup green peas
For Mediterranean dressing
1tsp virgin olive oil
2 medium cloves gloves
Sea salt and pepper
- Chop or press garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to enhance its health-promoting properties.
- Heat 3 TBS broth over medium heat in a stainless steel skillet.
- When broth begins to steam, add the sliced mushrooms and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add green peas and saute for 4 more minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl. For more flavor, toss crimini mushrooms with the remaining ingredients while they are still hot. The Mediterranean Dressing does not need to be made separately.