Quinoa Dal Dhokla
Are you a Dhokla fan? If yes, you have to check out this recipe. The quinoa dal dhokla recipe is a different variation from the usual dhokla, as it is made with quinoa, a great wheat-free alternative to starchy grains. It has twice the protein content in rice and barley and also a very good source of calcium, manganese, and magnesium. Truweight’s quinoa dal dosa mix and seeds cocktail are used in this recipe. The former ingredient contains quinoa, and nutritious legumes like arhar, urad and moong dal making it a perfect alternative to traditional white rice dosa. The latter ingredient is a source of unsaturated fat which takes care of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids required for the body. So all those Gujarati folks and the non-Gujarati Dhokla lovers, try this and make your Dhoklas health friendly!
Cooking time-25 mins
Level of cooking– Easy
- Quinoa dal dosa mix – 60 g or ¾ cup
- Buttermilk – 60 ml or 1 cup
- Salt – According (to taste )
- Fruit salt (Optional)
Seeds cocktail – 2 tsp
- Green chillies – 2 Nos.
- Curry leaves – A few
- Pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
In quinoa dal dosa mix, add sour buttermilk to make a batter out of it which is in pourable consistency.
- Leave the batter overnight at room temperature to ferment for soft dhoklas.
- Alternatively, add a pinch of fruit salt (Baking soda) along with the buttermilk and let the mixture rest for 2-3 hours if fermenting overnight is not possible.
- In a small plate add few drops of oil and spread it well so that the batter doesn’t stick to the plate.
- Add salt to the batter as per taste and mix well. Pour the prepared batter on the greased plate and steam for 10 mins.
- For seasoning, heat the rest of the oil in a pan. Add seeds cocktail, green chillies, curry leaves. Fry for a minutes and switch off the flame.
- On the steamed dhokla, sprinkle pepper powder and lemon juice. Finally the seasoning mixture.
- Cut the seasoned dhoklas into small pieces and serve them with green chutney.