Moong Bean Bottle Gourd Soup
Cooking time : 20min
Level of cooking- easy
If it was your new-year resolution to eat healthy and stay fit, you simply can’t miss out on this recipe.
Moong Bean Bottle Gourd Soup is an Indian-style soup, commonly known as lauki soup. This bottle gourd soup is possibly one of the healthiest options you’ll find when it comes to soups.
It’s perfect for dinner with salads. Wanna know more about the recipe? Continue reading…
¼ cup moong dal
¾ cup chopped vegetables( carrot,lauki ,pumpkin)
½ tsp freshly grated ginger
1 tsp cow ghee
½ tsp jeera
1/2tsp pepper powder
pinch of ajwain
2 cups water
salt to taste
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker, fry the cumin till it begins to sizzle.
- Add ginger and saute without burning.
- Add washed and soaked dal to the pressure cooker.
- Fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the veggies and fry for about 2 minutes.
- Pour water and cook on low or medium flame for 1 to 2 whistles.
- When the pressure releases, mash the dal and add desired spice powders. Serve it hot.