Looking at ways to incorporate the healthy jowar flour? Well, presenting the jowar onion radish phulka which will be an instant and healthy hit with all the sabzis. Not just that, we have added grated radish and onions to spice up this phulka. Radish is a good source of fibre, folate riboflavin, potassium whereas the humble onions provide vitamin C and the trace mineral chromium in a healthy measure.
Servings – 1
Cooking time – 15 – 20 mins
Level of cooking – medium
- 1 tbsp jowar flour
- ¼ cups packed grated fresh radish
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- ½ tsp chopped green chillies
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander greens
- ¼ tbsp grated ginger
- ¼ tsp ajwain seeds
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp ghee or oil
- Mix the grated radish, other chopped ingredients and jowar flour. Make a ball of manageable size and keep aside. Roll this ball in
- Make a ball of manageable size and keep aside. Dust it nicely to make round flat bread.
- Heat a tawa (flat base pan), brush with oil, lift the rolled flat bread and slap it on the hot tawa, cook on both sides brushed with little oil till small brown spots appear and the phulka becomes firm.
- Repeat with all the rolled parathas (flat breads) and serve as required. Best served hot