High Protein Bean Sandwich
Level of cooking: Easy
Preparation time: 25 min
Well, well! What do we have here? Yes, you heard it right! It’s a sandwich. We care for your taste buds as much as we care for your health, the latter being our priority, though. If you’re thinking of quitting all junk food, this recipe should come to your rescue because it’s anything but junk.
Did you know that kidney beans have cholesterol-lowering fibers that help in keeping your blood sugar level in control?
In addition, we’ve used cowpeas and they are prized for their high fibre and protein content. The recipe is rich in antioxidants, Vitamin A and Vitamin C. Wanna learn more about how to make it? Don’t stop reading then…
Cowpea-1/2 cup boiled and mashed
Kidney beans-1/2 cup boiled and mashed
Chick pea-1/2 cup boiled and mashed
Onion- 30 g
Pepper powder-1 tsp
Tomato- 30 g
Salt-according to taste
coriander leaves-1/4th cup finely chopped
Brown bread/multigrain bread-4 slices
- Boil the cowpeas, kidney beans and chickpeas. After that, mash them.
- Add chopped onions, tomatoes, pepper powder, salt, sugar, lime juice, chopped coriander leaves and mix everything nicely.
- Now take hung curd in a bowl and cream it by just mixing with a spoon. Now add this to the beans, stuffing and mixing everything properly.
- Take one bread slice and add the stuffing mixture and then put the other bread slice.
- Press nicely with your hands and cut into 2 pieces before eating.