Healthy-For-Eyes, Power-Packed Carrot Soup As a Sumptuous Meal
Carrots are one of the most popular, versatile vegetables in the world. It contains crucial nutrients and antioxidants that help eyesight.
Carrot soup gives you the right dose of fibre and keeps you full longer – perfect for whittling down belly fat.
Table of content
Why have carrot soup on a regular basis?
When you are trying to improve your overall health, carrot soup should be your go-to meal. It is full of fibre, nutrients and antioxidants.
1. Protects Eye Health:
Carrot contains three crucial nutrients beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin that boost eyes health. Just one cup of chopped carrots provides 400% of your vitamin A needs.
Carrots contain vitamin A in the form of beta-carotene which is the most crucial nutrients necessary for protecting eye health and vision, especially as someone ages.
2. High Source of Antioxidants:
Carotenoids, found in carrots are potent antioxidants that can help in reducing various chronic diseases. Carrots benefit the immune system by helping to defend the body from free radical damage, harmful bacteria, viruses and inflammation.
3. Decreases Risk for Heart Disease and Stroke:
Eating carrots decreases the risk of cardiovascular disease, especially in adult women. Carrots also work to lower cholesterol and boost bile production, which increases the body’s ability to digest fat.
4. Helps Protect Against Cancer:
Studies show that the antioxidants in carrots may be able to fight leukaemia cells and may play a role in reducing the risk of some of the most widespread types of cancers, including ovarian and breast cancer.
5. Important for Maintaining Oral Health:
The nutrients found in carrots helps in fighting bacteria and toxins that enter through the mouth and live within the gums and teeth.
Certain minerals prevent cavities and tooth decay. Carrots can also help remove plaque and stains from teeth if eaten after meals.
6. Boosts Skin Health and Wound Healing:
Beta-carotene is critical for healing any type of wound. Carrots have even been used as a poultice to help heal wounds for centuries due to their high beta-carotene content.
7. Protects Brain Health & Cognitive Function:
Carrots and carrot juice benefits brain health by helping to prevent Alzheimer’s disease, improving memory, and defending against other types of cognitive decline.
Power Packed Carrot Soup
Since it keeps you fuller longer, carrot soup can be had as a meal replacement when you are trying to whittle down belly fat.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or parsley
- 5 cups chopped carrots
- 2 cups of water
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat butter and oil in a pan over medium heat until the butter melts. Add onion and celery; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 4 to 6 minutes. Add garlic and thyme (or parsley); cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 10 seconds.
- Stir in carrots. Add water and broth; bring to a simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook until very tender, about 25 minutes.
- Puree the soup in batches in a blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper salt and pepper.
So there was three super simple, delicious and health packed single vegetable soup recipes for you.
Try these soulful meals and give your health a new boost!