Khichdi is easy to cook, one pot Indian cuisine. Brown rice alone has many health benefits and it is better than white rice, while moong dal packed with protein and low carbs make it a perfect combination of healthy food.
This recipe is solely for people undergoing Truweight Detox Program as it helps to improve your metabolism and give best results.
- 30g yellow lentils washed, soaked in clean fresh water and drained (yellow moong dal)
- 50g brown rice washed, soaked in water for at least one hour, and drained
- 3 cups water
- Cumin seeds
- Groundnut oil- 1 teaspoon
- Heat oil in a skillet
- Add cumin seeds
- Allow to splutter
- Fold in yellow lentils and rice
- Stir in salt and water
- Bring to a boil
- Lower flame, partially cover and cook till the water has evaporated and rice is cooked
- You can also pressure cook it for faster cooking
Nutritional facts about Brown Rice
Brown rice is considered as a healthy alternative to white rice and is often recommended to people belonging to different age groups.
- Brown rice is found to be helpful in reducing blood glucose levels in Diabetic people
- Having brown rice helps in lowering different risks of metabolic syndrome that in turn helps in protecting the heart health.
- Replacing brown rice in place of white rice can help in weight loss.
- Brown rice is also found to be effective in reducing cholesterol levels.
Serve hot with a pickle!