Black Bean Burrito
Level of cooking: Easy
Preparation time: 30 Mins
Whenever we think of Mexican Food, the first thing that perhaps comes to our mind is Burrito. You don’t need to enter Taco Bell every time you crave for Burrito. This black bean burrito recipe is certainly worth giving a shot if you want to incorporate healthy foods into your diet. Black beans are rich in potassium, folate, and fiber which helps to lower cholesterol in the blood. Wanna know more about the recipe? Continue reading…
- 1 medium onion, cut in half and sliced thin
- 4 medium cloves, garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup sweet potatoes cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- green peppers, thinly julienned
- red peppers, thinly julienned
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 Tbsp + 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup black beans
- cheese (optional)-5 gm
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- Chop onions and garlic and let sit for 5-10 minutes to bring out their health-promoting properties.
- Prepare other vegetables.
- Heat 1 TBS broth in a 12-inch stainless steel skillet. Sauté onion, garlic, ginger, and peppers in broth over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garam masala and sweet potatoes and mix well. Add 1/2 cup broth and cook covered on low heat for about 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Add beans making sure they are rinsed and drained well first. Mix and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- While the vegetables are cooking, shred lettuce.
- Place the vegetable mixture in tortilla and top with goat cheese. Roll and top with salsa and shredded lettuce.
Also, read about: Black Bean Vegetarian Chili Recipe