Delicious Chana Curry!
Chana curry has always been a part of Indian meals. However, we haven’t really focused on it’s health benefits. It is an excellent source of fibre and protein. Hence, it helps in detoxification and weight loss.
Chana Curry Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup of dried black chickpeas/kala chana (soaked overnight or for 8-9
- 3 cups water for soaking black
- 1 medium size onion, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves/lahsun, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 green chilli/hari mirch, finely
- 1 tsp cumin/jeera
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder or degi mirch
- ½ tsp punjabi garam masala or regular
garam masala powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric/haldi
- pinch of asafoetida/hing
- 2 tsp oil
- salt as required
- Soak the black chickpeas or kala chana overnight or for 8-9 hours
- In a pressure cooker, add 2 tbsp of ghee or oil
- Add cumin, crackle them and then add finely chopped onions
- Saute the onions till they become light golden
- Add garlic, green chilli and saute for 15-20 seconds
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and saute them till the oil starts leaving from the sides of the onion-tomato masala. Add the turmeric powder, asafoetida, kashmiri red chili powder and saute for 2-3 seconds. Then add the kala chana along with all of the water. Season with salt and stir well
- Pressure cook on a medium to high flame for 8-9 whistles or more till the chickpeas are cooked well and softened.
- Lastly sprinkle the garam masala and stir. Garnish the kala chana curry with coriander leaves.
- Serve the kala chana curry with steamed rice, rotis or chapati.
Serve hot with brown rice or chapatis as you prefer.
Also, try this yummy Vegetable Red Rice Poha Recipe