Dal Vegetable Soup
Bored of serving the dal the regular way always? Presenting the dal vegetable soup, a stimulating soup with the goodness of vegetables. Mash it all or serve it with the crunch of vegetables, this soup can be served in all possible ways. Best served with khakra.
Cooking Time: 20 to 25 mins
- Split Yellow Moong Dal – 1/2 cup
- Oil – ½ tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Onion – 1 small chopped finely
- Carrots – 1 medium size chopped finely
- Green Beans – 5 chopped finely
- Green peas – 1/2 cup
- Tomato – 1 small chopped finely
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper Powder to taste
- Water – 3 cups or adjust
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add in cumin seeds and saute for a min.
- Add in onions and saute for a min.
- Add in carrots, beans and peas. Saute for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add in moong dal and tomatoes. Pour in some water.
- Cover and pressure cook for 3 whistles. Turn off the heat and let the steam go all by itself.
- Open the cooker, add more water and mix well. Bring it to boil.
- Add in salt and pepper.
- Serve with khakhra.