This high protein and fibre beans are named after a popular North Indian recipe named Chole. Coming to the nutritional benefits, we can rattle off a list of nutrients contained in chickpeas. Right from vitamin K, calcium, magnesium, manganese, zinc, vitamin C, vitamin B6 and the list can continue. A notable mention to the fibre in chickpeas. So it is a great idea to prepare and dig into this healthy recipe.
Cooking Time: 25 min
Level of cooking: Medium
- Chickpea -1 bowl
- 2 Onions,
- 1 Tomato
- Few pods of garlic,
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger,
- Coriander and green chilies for garnish
- Can add mushroom,
- Capsicum (optional),
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Soak chickpeas overnight in water and boil them.
- Add all cut vegetables and 1 tsp olive oil.
- Add salt, red chilly powder and chaat masala to taste.
- You can also add tamarind chutney.
- Another variation can be to saute all vegetables in olive oil and imli chutney and then mix
it with boiled chickpeas. Add chaat masala on top.