Famous Black Bean Burrito Recipe!
Filled with nutrition and packed with a punch, this salivating Black Bean Burrito is a sure shot weeknight meal.
1 medium onion (finely sliced)
4 cloves of garlic (chopped)
1 tsp minced fresh ginger
1-1/2 cups sweet potatoes (cut in 1/2-inch cubes)
1 cup green peppers (thinly julienned)
1 cup red peppers (thinly julienned)
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 cup vegetable broth
2 cups of black/red beans (soaked and boiled)
- Goat cheese (optional)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- Prepared salsa (optional)
- 1 head of romaine lettuce (shredded)
- Chop onions and garlic and wait for 5-10 minutes to bring out their health-promoting properties.
- Heat 1 tbsp broth in a 12 inch stainless steel skillet. Sauté onion, garlic, ginger, and peppers in broth over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add garam masala, sweet potatoes and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup broth and cook covered on low heat for about 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Add beans making sure they are rinsed and drained well.
- Mix, cook for another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. While the vegetables are cooking, shred lettuce.
- Place vegetable mixture on tortilla and top with goat cheese.
- Roll and top with salsa and shredded lettuce.
Also see how to Bake your Own Healthy Pizza at Home!