Move over regular pulao, here comes bajra pulao. Really! Bajra in a pulao? Rich in the fibre named lignin, heart healthy due to the presence of niacin, potassium and magnesium; bajra is a definite go-to for good health. Try this bajra pulao and let us know about it in the comments!
Level of cooking: Easy
Preparation time: 30 mins
1 cup bajra (black millet) , soaked overnight
1 tsp oil
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 tsp chopped ginger (adrak)
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder (Haldi)
1 tbsp coriander seeds powder
1/2 tbsp garam masala
salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add the ginger and onions and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala, salt and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the soaked and drained bajra, mix well and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add 2 cups of water, close the lid and pressure cook on high heat up to 3 whistles.
- Lower the flame and pressure cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot.