Serves – 1 to 2
Cooking time – 30 minutes
Level of cooking- medium
Darbari dal is a great source of protein in the Indian cuisine. It’s a good mix of toor dal, masoor dal and bottle gourd. The recipe has been tweaked to ensure that get all the health benefits. Wanna learn more about it? Keep reading!
- ¼ cup Toor dal
- ¼ cup masoor dal
- ½ cup chopped bottle gourd
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 2 tbsp chopped tomato
- 1 tbsp chopped green chillies
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Clean, wash and soak the dals for about 30 minutes. Drain.
- Pressure cook the dals with 1.5 cups of water, turmeric powder and salt till done
- Whisk well till the dal is mashed and keep aside.
- Heal oil in a pan, add the onions and sauté till the onions turn translucent. Add tomatoes and green chilies and saute
- Add bottle gourd, masala and turmeric and cook till it gets tender. Add cooked dal and water.
- Simmer for some time and serve.