Sprouted Barley Salad
Whole grain barley has fast risen to prominence due to the fibre, vitamins and minerals offered by it. Barley is a rich source of manganese, the antioxidant enzyme generator selenium, iron, thiamin, folate, magnesium among other nutrients. In addition, much has been researchers about beta-glucans provided by barley. Sprouting further increases these nutrients.
Serving: 1 bowl ( 150 g)
Cooking time: 20 minutes.
Level of cooking: easy
- Sprouted barley seeds 1 cup.
- Onions(finely chopped): 1 tbsp.
- Cucumber(chopped): 1 tbsp.
- Bell pepper(chopped): 1 tbsp.
- Lemon juice: 1 tbsp.
- Coriander leaves(chopped): a few.
- Salt as needed.
- Black pepper powder as needed.
Combine all the ingredients except coriander and lemon juice.
Taste. Adjust according to your flavour.
Garnish with coriander leaves and lemon juice.