Oats and Spring Onion Paratha
So we are giving you another way to incorporate oats in your diet! Presenting the oats and spring onion paratha which combines the flavours and nutrients of spring onion along with fibre of oats.
Servings – 2
Cooking time – 20 mins
Level of cooking – Medium
For The Dough
- 3/4 cup coarsely ground quick cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp curds (Dahi)
- salt to taste
For The Spring Onion Filling
- 2 tsp finely chopped spring onions whites
- 2 tsp finely chopped spring onion greens
- 1/2 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- ½ tsp finely chopped garlic
- ½ tsp green chili paste
- salt to taste
For the dough
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into soft dough using enough water. Keep aside.
For the spring onion filling
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the garlic, green chilli paste, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for a few more seconds.
- Add the spring onion whites and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the spring onion greens and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for a minute.
- Divide the stuffing into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
How to proceed
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a roti, using a little whole wheat flour.
- Place the roti on a flat, dry surface and spread a portion of the filling over it.
- Place the other roti circle over it and seal it tightly.
- Cook the paratha on a non-stick tava, using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both sides.
- Serve hot.