Importance of cheat meals | Truweight
Diet is not about deprivation. It is about eating healthy. Most of us take the diet very seriously. Normally we assume that if we are on a diet, we can’t eat unhealthily. But we say, you can be eating healthy and still cheat once in a while.
A cheat meal is a great psychological relief that no food is forbidden. If you say total NO to unhealthy foods then you might crave it even more. An ideal diet is not about restriction but about healthy choices
To find more about healthy yet tasty diets, you can always drop by to any of the Truweight Centres and ask our Nutrition experts themselves.
All for FREE! Just click and get started!
Are you allowed a cheat day?
Studies have shown that as long as you are following your diet plan for about 90 per cent, you can enjoy a cheat meal or a cheat day every week. A cheat meal is a small portion of something that you like. If you know where to stop, a cheat meal will not affect your dieting much.
Are cheat meals good for your metabolism?
Yes, it helps in resetting your metabolism by changing calorie intake. If you eat the same food every day, your body’s metabolism gets set at a particular level. Cheat days will help in keeping your metabolism high.
Is it okay to cheat on your diet once a week?
Like we said before, yes you can cheat on your diet once in a week. This will even keep you upbeat that you are not just having healthy boring foods. And you will also see that the cheat meal will somewhere motivate you to eat healthy afterwards.
Cheat meal rules to maximize the results of your cheat days
- Eat whatever you want but be careful about the portion size.
- You can fill up and satisfy yourself, but don’t binge or overeat. You are allowed to eat ice-cream but if you eat two big bowls, you will defeat the purpose.
- Try to avoid excessive alcohol when cheating. Make sure you do it AFTER having enough food; otherwise you could sabotage the hormonal effect of the cheat day.
- Don’t weigh yourself for at least 2 to 3 days after your cheat day.
- You will gain some weight after your cheat day, but that weight should come down within 2-3 days.
- Remember, for every gram of carb you consume your body holds nearly 3 grams of water.
- Plan for extra water the day after a cheat day.
- You should be 0.5-1 kg lighter a few days after your cheat day if you’re doing things properly.
- Depending on your body type, we suggest between 1-3 cheat meals every week.
- You can follow detox day after cheat day.
- Cook meals at home as it is healthier.
To help you know more about how and what to eat on a cheat day, here’s a short video. Follow these tips and enjoy your cheat day carefreely.