Rich in antioxidants and a wonderful flavour, coriander rice is a recipe that is sure to increase your craving for it.
Servings – 1
Cooking time – 20 mins
Level of cooking – Easy
- Brown rice – ½ cup
- Coriander leaves – 1 cup tightly packed and a handful
- Onion -1 cup chopped
- Ginger – 1-inch piece
- Green chilli – 2-3
- Salt as required
- For the seasoning
- Oil -1 tsp
- Jeera seeds -1 tsp
- Cook rice in such a way that the grains are separate.
- Wash coriander leaves under running water 2-3 times. Chop it and grind it along with ginger and green chili using very less water. (Add little water only if needed). Keep the paste aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin/jeera seeds, when it sizzles, add finely chopped onions and saute till it turns translucent.
- Then add the grounded paste, needed salt and saute till the raw smell goes and oil separates.
- Mix rice and serve it with any raita.