This salad combines zucchini and the goodness of apple cider vinegar. Zucchini is a very low calorie vegetable, rich in B-complex vitamins and vitamin C. Its peel provides the much deficient fibre.
A vinaigrette made of apple cider vinegar is not just the soul of the salad (taste-wise) but has a world of health benefits. It improves insulin sensitivity and helps to lower the blood sugar response after a meal.
It helps in weight loss by increasing satiety and lowering glucose and insulin levels.
Level of cooking:Easy
Preparation time: 20 min
- 2 Zucchinis peeled and slit lengthwise/ Cucumber
- punchy vinaigrette as per taste
- Place the zucchinis in a pan of boiling water for about 10 minutes till they are completely tender.
- Remove from pan and pour the vinaigrette over them.
- You can eat this salad with fork and knife before meals, or mash it up and enjoy it as a lovely Moroccan-style dip too.
This is how to put the punch in the vinaigrette
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅛ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp coarsely chopped fresh coriander leaves.
Quickly whisk them together in a bowl and you have your vinaigrette.