Stuck with a relatively bland food? Add zing to it by making this spicy and tangy tomato ginger chutney. It is so versatile, you could pair this chutney up with sandwiches, dal rice, chapatis and even as salad dressings (mixed with a bit of water). It’s healthy too, tomatoes bringing in a healthy dose of lycopene and ginger with its active ingredient gingerol. Need I say more?
Serving: 2 tbsps.
Cooking time: 20 mins.
The level of cooking: moderate.
- Tomatoes – 2 medium
- Onion – ½ medium
- Ginger – 3 – 4 ” (less/ more as per your taste)
- Red chilli powder – 1/2tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves few
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds-2 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Chop tomatoes, onions in big chunks and saute in oil till onions turn golden brown. Allow it to cool.
- In a mixie, add the sauteed mixture, finely chopped ginger, along with coriander leaves, red chilli powder and salt.
- Heat a pan and temper the chutney with mustard and curry leaves.
- Your chutney is ready to be devoured.