Fancy an English breakfast like the royals but afraid that the pancakes/waffles made of refined flour may put your health goals out of gear?
Behold! We present the recipe of stuffed ragi pancake for all you health conscious people. The delectable vegetable stuffing will provide the necessary fill of fibre.
Enjoy this desi ragi pancake either as breakfast or as lunch!
Serving: 2 nos.
Cooking time: half an hour.
Level of cooking: moderate
- Ragi flour:½ cup
- Rice flour:¼ cup
- Salt to taste
- Spring onion whites
- Spring onion greens.
- Shredded sprouts.
- Shredded carrots.
- Chopped garlic.
- Chopped coriander leaves.
- Salt to taste.
- Soak the ragi in water overnight.
- Wash, drain and grind to a smooth paste using a little water.
- Add the rice flour and salt and mix well. Keep aside.
- For the vegetable stuffing, heat the oil in a pan. Add the garlic, dry red chilli flakes and spring onion whites, and fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, bean sprouts, carrots, spring onion greens, sugar and salt. Mix well and keep aside to cool.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it with a little oil.
- Spread an even layer of the batter to make a 125 mm. (5″) pancake.
- Cook on both sides till golden brown, using a little oil.
- Spread the stuffing on one side of the pancake.
- Fold to make a semi-circle.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter and stuffing to make 5 more pancakes. Serve hot.