When the iron-rich spinach combines with the fibre rich chickpea then you get a bowlful of health. Try this satiating and tasty spinach chickpea soup now.
Cooking Time: 10 mins
Level of Cooking: easy
- 3/4 cups shredded spinach (palak).
- ¼ cup soaked and boiled Kabuli chana (white chickpeas)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
- ½ tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 1/4 cup finely chopped spring onions whites
- 1 ½ cups basic vegetable stock
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the garlic, green chillies and spring onion whites and sauté on a medium flame for a minute.
- Add the spinach and kabuli chana and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 minutes.
- Add the basic vegetable stock, salt, pepper, oregano and lemon juice, mix well and bring to boil.
- Serve immediately.