Let us enlighten you about the hummazing beginnings of ‘Hummus’ which is actually a Middle Eastern dip recipe. Made from mashed chickpeas, the flavour is contributed by garlic, olive oil and lemon juice. We present to you this absolutely finger-licking dip recipe which goes famously well with boiled/raw veggies such as celery, capsicum, carrot, cucumber and the likes. Watch the video and try this super-healthy dip today!
Level of cooking: Easy
Cooking time: 20 25 mins
- 2 cups of cooked chickpeas
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup of sesame seeds paste / powder
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp of ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp of cumin
- 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Wash 3/4th cup of chickpeas twice. Soak them overnight / 3-4 hrs. Pressure cook them for 4 – 6 whistles.
- Puree all the ingredients in blender or food processor. Add some more water while blending if required.
- Serve with veggies like celery, bell peppers, cucumber, carrots or with low salt whole grain crackers/ khakra.