GM diet plan is a diet that restricts your weekly eating routine to certain food groups and helps you lose a substantial amount of weight within just a week.
Are you looking for your accurate health status?
Table of Contents
Sounds perfect right? Well, any diet plan that claims to lose weight in a short period of time becomes popular and so did GM diet plan.
This diet mainly consists of raw fruits and vegetables. The number of meat servings is reduced in this diet. Hence, Veg GM Diet is quite popular.
Planning a GM diet chart? Don’t do so before consulting a certified Nutritionist. Here is an opportunity to consult the Truweight Nutritionist for FREE.
GM diet plan
GM stands for General Motors, a GM diet plan, a 7-day plan that was initiated for the employees of the said company in the 1980s.
The company is said to have collaborated with both the Food and Drug Administration and the US Department of Agriculture for the diet plan.
Indian GM diet plan Veg / Non-veg
The GM diet chart has been very popular and it is a strict set of diet instructions. Replacing the meat meals with veggies, this diet can also be modified into a Veg GM Diet plan.
A typical GM diet Indian version that can be both vegetarian GM diet plan or non-vegetarian GM diet plan is.
- Day 1 Eat fruits except for bananas
- Day 2 Go for Vegetables
- Day 3 Combine fruits and vegetables except for bananas and potatoes
- Day 4 You can consume low-fat milk and bananas and soup for lunch and dinner
- Day 5 Lean red meat and tomatoes, brown rice.
- For a GM diet plan, veg version replace red meat with paneer. In addition, you can add cucumbers and curd.
- Day 6 Is reserved for lean red meat with any type of vegetables and brown rice.
- Day 7 Turn towards fresh fruit juices, Brown rice and veggies
The above 7 days plan is how a typical GM diet plan looks like. However, in Truweight, we don’t promote any such diet plan.
Pros and Cons of GM diet
If you are thinking of starting a GM diet plan, to look good at a wedding, a function or a festival. You should be aware that the GM diet is flawed in many ways however, it has its pros and cons.
- It cleanses the body and flushes out the toxins
- Improves one’s mental state and attitude for a short term.
- It may lead to body weakness as a GM diet plan vegetarian / non-vegetarian will use up the stored glycogen (simple carbs) to sustain
- It brings side-effects like headaches. Once, if your body starts using all the stored carbs while following a GM diet, it then starts entering the hunger mode where protein present in the muscles is used by the body to sustain itself.
- This leads to the generation of toxic substances that cause headaches.
- It leaves you feeling exhausted and losing all the muscle protein while trying to lose weight.
- The GM diet doesn’t advocate the need to be physically active as the person starts feeling week after following GM diet.
- Doesn’t talk about healthy cooking techniques which can help weight management after the diet is done.
GM diet review
One of the drawbacks of following a GM diet plan or a Veg GM diet Plan is that it really ignores protein.
This makes the entire diet plan low in protein, resulting in a shortage of protein requirements in the body.
Proteins as we all know, are the building blocks of our body. Hence, its low content will affect our muscles, hair as well as skin.
GM diet plan Indian version or GM diet plan, in general, is, therefore, a restrictive diet that will make you lose all the muscle protein because the muscle tissues are not allowed to absorb the adequate amounts of protein during the first few days of the diet plan.
It will result in muscle weakness.
4 Major GM diet side effects and after effects
You must be happily continuing your GM diet, but you don’t know what are the dangerous side effects that follow.
- 1. Leads to quick weight loss: The diet is high in fibre and low in protein, fat, and carbohydrates, which leads to quick weight loss. This makes your body not get the required nutrients.
- 2. Can bring metabolic slowdown: Though GM diet chart is a low-calorie diet, you might encounter metabolic slowdown in your body which will prevent you from maintaining your weight.
- 3. Will cause dehydration: You may also suffer from dehydration as the body uses the fluids for metabolism.
- 4. Bring Visible side-effects: GM diet side effects will also include headaches, weakness and hunger pangs.
GM diet plan and Weight Gain
The GM diet lacks in physical activity, it doesn’t speak about healthy cooking techniques or incorporating foods from different food groups.
After you are done following a seven-day diet plan and get back to your regular eating habits.
You will regain all the pounds that you have lost because the metabolism will not be able to process the calories consumed.
Therefore, the body will store the fat and will eventually make you fat. So what’s the point, right?
That’s why in Truweight, we suggest that instead of blindly following a diet that restricts food groups or even asks you to go for starvation, choose a balanced diet that includes all the food groups in the required amounts.
Maintaining weight after GM diet plan
A crash diet is unhealthy and it does not aim at long-term weight loss. It lacks in essential nutrients leading to tiredness, lethargic, depression and eating disorders.
Truweight does not believe in any crash diet, it will let you lose weight by letting you eat foods that are rich in vitamins and minerals, protein, carbohydrates, and fats.
The Truweight diet plan is not like any other diet, it fortifies a holistic health by helping you to lead a positive life. It ensures that you to eat the right kind of foods, keeping you mentally and physically strong.
To end it all GM Diet is not at all healthy. If you don’t eat food you will lose weight in short term. So, GM diet is not the right way to lose weight.
Here’s a 4 week Indian Diet Plan that you can try, that will help you lose weight and also to sustain that weight loss.
|Indian Diet Plan for Weight Loss in 4 Weeks by Truweight|
|Early morning||1 fruit of your choice + 3-4 mixed seeds||10 ml wheatgrass juice + 5 to 6 almonds and walnuts|
|Breakfast||Open paneer sandwich with mint chutney / 2 idlis with sambhar||2 medium vegetable uttapam with sambhar|
|Mid-morning||4 walnuts and 2 dates / Fruit of your choice||1 glass Whey protein shake with milk / assorted fruit platter|
|Pre-lunch||1 plate of preferred salad with vinegar dressing||1 bowl minestrone soup with more veggies and less of pasta|
|Lunch||2 multigrain roti / 1 Katori red or brown rice + I Dal + Veg||2 multigrain roti + 1 bowl vegetable subji / non-veg subji + 1 bowl boiled pulse chaat|
|Mid-evening||1 glass buttermilk||1 glass buttermilk|
|Snack||1 glass whey protein drink + Hummus with veggies||2 multigrain flour khakras / 1 fruit of your choice + 1 cup green tea|
|Dinner||1 bowl chicken gravy + 2 multigrain roti + salad + 1 bowl low-fat curd||1 veg paratha + Raitha|
|Post-dinner||4-5 pieces of nuts/ 1 glass warm low-fat milk B||1 glass of whey protein shake if missed during snack|
|Early morning||10 ml Spirulina or green leafy veggie juice + 1 fruit of your choice||10 ml Amla juice + 3-4 walnuts and almonds mix.|
|Breakfast||1 bowl vegetable sprout poha with chutney / 3-4 dal paddu with sambhar||2 medium dal paranthas + 1 bowl low-fat curd|
|Mid-morning||1 fruit of your choice/fistful of Assorted nuts / 2 tbsp of trail mix||Amaranth seeds chikki / 3-4 dry fruits|
|Pre-lunch||1 bowl sprout salad of choice / 1 bowl mixed veggies chunky soup||1 bowl sprout salad / 1 bowl grilled chicken or fish salad|
|Lunch||2 multigrain roti + 1 bowl veg or non-veg (seafood, fish, chicken) subji of choice + 1 bowl of thick dal||1 bowl millet and dal khichdi + 1 bowl mixed vegetable kadhai|
|Snack||Til or peanut chikki with 1 cup spirulina and mixed veggie juice.||1 cup spiced boiled corn or 1 corn on the cob + 1 cup coffee, tea or green tea|
|Dinner||1 bowl fruit and veggie mixed salad of choice + 2 bran rotis (wheat roti or oat bran)||1 bowl vegetable and mixed seeds salad + 2 multigrain roti + 1 non-veg subji|
|Post-dinner||1 glass of whey protein shake||1 glass warm milk|
Indian Diet Plan for Weight Loss