Foods That You Must Eat In Your Breakfast To Lose Weight
It is a well-known fact that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. A well-balanced breakfast as you wake up in the morning will fuel your energy levels sufficient to keep you steady in your work schedule through the day.
Table of Contents
While there is no denying the importance of a hearty breakfast in the morning, it is also important that you eat right with foods and recipes that act as a metabolism booster and lead you to lose extra fat and achieve a happy weight. A healthy breakfast menu should not only provide you with adequate nutrients but also ensure that it is a breakfast to lose weight.
“Breakfast like a monarch, lunch like a lord and dine like a pauper”- the saying holds ample truth in it. Further to this, the timing of your meals plays as important a role as your intake of calories and metabolic processes. An early breakfast, not much after you wake up is ideal.
An early lunch followed by dinner before 8 PM spaces your meals perfectly to help your body processes to perform optimally.
The cardinal point to remember while planning your first meal is to eat foods that inhibit craving for further food during the day. Stagger your food intake in such a way that you do not feel starved and gorge on food to satiate induced hunger.
Finally, design a healthy breakfast menu with foods that are nutritious, raises your metabolism rate to burn fat faster and give a feeling of satiety.
Nutritious foods that are weight-loss friendly:
All foods are not the same and they pass through different metabolic channels in your body to burn calories.
Thankfully, in India, we are blessed with so many easily available indigenous food items that are nutritious yet trigger weight loss.To name a few that is beneficial are:
- Eggs: An immensely nutrient protein rich dense food with healthy fats, yet low in calorie that also induces a feeling of fullness. As hitherto suspected, they do not adversely impact your cholesterol.
- Green Vegetables: Leafy greens like Spinach, fenugreek, coriander are Low-calorie and fiber-rich, with traces of carbohydrate ingredient, making it ideal for a weight loss diet.
- Cruciferous Vegetables: Cabbage and cauliflower are low calorie fibrous yet filling food ingredient.
- Chicken: Rich in protein and filling.
- Beans and legumes: Lentils, peas and beans are ideal weight loss agents due to its richness in proteins and fiber.
- Boiled Potatoes: Potatoes are a bit of everything possessing nutrients of all type. This property makes it an ideal food for weight loss and optimal health.
- Cottage Cheese: All dairy products contain protein, little carbohydrate and fat. It is rich in calcium which aid the burning of fat.
- Yoghurt: It is a good source of protein and spurs the digestive process.
- Other food items: Green tea, oats, ragi, some fruit and vegetable juices are believed to aid weight loss.
Indian breakfast for weight loss:
In India, we have elaborate recipes that not only tickle the taste buds but are also extremely nutrient dense. It is a combination of all the healthy weight-loss friendly foods described above.
They are filling yet a healthy way to satiate hunger and helps keep weight in check. The few foods that fit your bill are.
There are many varieties of paratha in the Indian healthy breakfast menu. It is basically a roti slightly roasted in ghee.
Each type has the benefit of individual ingredient to serve your purpose in addition to the goodness of ghee which has a number of beneficial therapeutic properties. .
- Wheat Paratha: A wheat roti is an ideal extremely filling breakfast food to meet your weight loss goal.
- Methi Paratha: It is a paratha stuffed with chopped Fenugreek (Methi) leaves which has anti-diabetic property.
- Palak Paratha: It is an extremely nutritious paratha stuffed with chopped spinach leaves.
- Sprout Paratha: It is a paratha stuffed with sprouts whose goodness makes it a stout healthy food.
- Mooli Paratha: The properties of radish make this an ideal healthy breakfast for men.
- Green Peas Paratha: A wise and subtle use of green peas makes this a good Indian breakfast for weight loss.
It is an Indian pancake generally made from steamed rice batter. A few idlis with sambhar make it an ideal healthy Indian breakfast that is abundantly filling and nutritious. There are a few variants of this item:
- Oats Idli: The property of oats as a weight loss agent is well known. Oats impacts your cholesterol and triglyceride levels significantly.
- Ragi Idli: The goodness of ragi as diabetes inhibitor is the main benefit of this breakfast dish.
- Rava Idli: here the main ingredient is rava or sooji making it a tasty option for weight loss breakfast dish.
- Rainbow Idli: It a variant of the rice idli but stuffed with many vegetables.
It is a healthy breakfast dish made with flattened rice. an excellent source of Vitamin B, proteins, carbohydrates and amino acids, so essential to your body. It has many variants catering to different palates as a tasty healthy breakfast dish with fat burning capabilities.
It is a rava based breakfast dish that is not only filling but an ideal metabolic booster. As a variant it can be made with oats also.
5. Brown Bread:
6. Whole Boiled Eggs:
A healthy breakfast with eggs is a complete food loaded with nutrients, filling and a good means to lose weight.
A plain dosa with chutney is an ideal breakfast dish.
A combination of homemade corn and oats called muesli makes a good option for a healthy breakfast.
Your focus on weight loss will pay dividends only if you adhere to certain key points.
Your breakfast should always be heavy, lunch about 70 to 80% of it and gradually reduce your food intake as the day progresses, making the dinner even lighter. Replace your cups of tea with fruit and vegetable juices to shed your pounds quickly.