Yoga Poses For Pregnancy To Manage Weight And Easy Delivery
Yoga poses for pregnancy is one of the best ways to manage weight and be healthy during this phase of your life. It not only keeps the body flexible, but also eases delivery issues.
Weight gain during pregnancy is often a big concern for most women. They are also worried about their delivery.
Research shows that doing yoga in early pregnancy actually helps to-be-mothers deal with stress and body image related issues.
Five ways yoga can help you
- A study shows that yoga asanas help in boosting the immune system genetically.
- Following yoga regularly have shown a reduction in food cravings. This prevents overeating.
- Sun salutations are one of the highly recommended yoga for weight loss.
- Yoga asanas have been found to be effective in controlling mental stress and are also used in the treatment of major psychiatric disorders.
- Practicing yoga regularly is also found to be helpful in improving sexual performances in both men and women.
Why it is important to do yoga during pregnancy
- Opting for yoga sessions can help expecting mothers manage their mood swings as well.
- Through yoga they are also able to deal with aches and pains that often accompany pregnancy.
- Deep breathing exercises actually help pregnant women deal with nausea and morning sickness as well.
- Yoga asanas help in improving the strength and flexibility of the mother.
- Improves the strength of the pelvic floor, thus easing the delivery process.
- The breathing and relaxation period during yoga prepares the mothers for the labour.
- The yoga sessions will also be effective in bringing down the stress levels in pregnant women and also in inducing sleep in them.
Check out these 3 yoga poses for pregnancy
1. Vakrasana (Twisted pose)
It provides strength to the mother’s pelvic muscles and also improves the womb space.
Sit cross legged and then gently twist to one side while breathing out; breathe in as you twist back to the centre.
Do the same step on the other side.
2. Konasana (Angle pose)
This posture is ideal for relieving pressure on the legs and thighs. It also opens up the pelvic floor, and supports aching tail bone.
3. Paryankasana (Ham’s pose with one leg)
This yoga asana is known to provide strength in the abdominal, pelvic and thigh muscles regions.This is great for managing pain in the back area.
While doing yoga is great for the mind and body during this phase. Make sure that you are never uncomfortable when doing the asanas.
In case any of the poses feel uncomfortable or you are not able to breathe normally, then you should avoid doing the same.
For effective weight management advice and tools try our free consultation with Truweight Nutritionist.