10 Most Effective Weight Loss Exercises For Torching Fat
Weight loss diet..check… but what is it that you are missing out on in your weight loss program? It is the set of weight loss exercises which should be incorporated in your weight loss journey.
While planning to start the weight loss program, we often find ourselves stranded at a juncture where we do not know as to where to start from.
So, here in this article, we bring to you 10 easy do-at-home weight loss exercises which when combined with a balanced diet give you that frame you have always dreamed to attain.
Table of Contents
- Kettlebell Swings
- Body-Weight Exercises
- Jump Rope
- Tabata Drill
- Mountain Climbers
- Double Jump
- Explosive Lunges
1. Kettlebell Swings
Kettlebell Swing is an extremely effective weight loss exercise as it involves the entire body.
Moreover, they qualify under low impact-high intensity exercises like skipping, which is highly conducive for calorie burn and weight loss.
To perform this exercise, follow the following steps:
- Stand with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart. Grasp kettlebell with both hands in front of you.
- Engage core and squat slightly. Press hips forward as you stand and swing the kettlebell upward.
- Lower arms and return to the slight squat position for 1 rep. Complete 3 sets of 15 swings.
2. Body-Weight Exercises
Performing body-weight exercises enable your heart to pump more blood and activates your muscles.
This weight loss exercise builds your muscle mass, which directly means more calories burned. Here is how you should do this exercise.
- Keep your arms at your side and your feet together. Jump feet apart and raise hands into a jumping jack. From there, place hands on the ground, jump feet out and back in. Raise up back into a jumping jack. Continue for 10 reps. Complete 3 sets.
- Stand with legs straight, right hand on your hip and the left leg lifted. Bend and touch your right knee with your left hand. Continue for 10 reps before switching sides. Repeat for 3 sets.
- Get into plank position, with hands on the ground and legs outstretched behind you. Begin driving your knee into the opposite shoulder. Continue switching legs for 45 seconds, repeat for 3 sets.
3. Jump Rope
Jumping rope is as much fun today as it was in the childhood. It is again a low impact-high intensity weight loss exercise which involves the entire body .
- You have to begin with your feet together and your hands holding the ends of the jump rope.
- Swing the jump rope and hop over with feet together. Continue jumping for 1 minute. Complete 3 sets.
4. Tabata Drill
Tabata Drill raises your metabolism and heart rate in no time. Since this weight loss exercise is performed at high intensity, the body needs to work much harder to keep up with it.
In this exercise, your metabolism stays at that high not only during the workout but even after the workout as well. This effectively means that the body keeps burning fat even hours after you have stopped working out.
- Begin with dumbbells up to your shoulders and feet together.
- The dumbbells jack straight up until arms are fully extended. At the same time jump your feet outward. Continue for 20 seconds.
- After 15 seconds, place feet shoulder-width apart and dumbbells at your chest.
- Begin jabbing the dumbbells across the body. Switching sides, continue for 20 seconds. After 15 seconds of rest, repeat both exercises for 10 rounds.
5. Mountain Climbers
Mountain climbers are an excellent way to burn calories. This weight loss exercise requires you to engage your upper arms muscles, as well as your core and your legs.
- Loop center of band around a stable post like a couch leg. Start on floor in plank position facing away from the post, feet placed in handles like stirrups.
- Alternately bring right and left knee in toward chest, not allowing toes of bent leg to touch floor.
- Repeat for 1 minute and rest 20 seconds. Do 3 sets.
6. Double Jump
This requires a tad bit modification in your regular squats by including a jump and lunge. This weight loss exercise increases the heart rate and you will feel a pull in your abs, butt, and legs.
- Lower into a deep squat and rise up as if you’re jumping, but land in a lunge position with your right leg back.
- Use momentum to jump from this lunge position back to a squat. Continue for 45 seconds, alternating legs. Do two sets total.
Squats are considered one of the most effective weight loss exercises, which even pregnant women are advised to perform.
This weight loss exercise involves working out your core and entire lower body.
- Start with feet hip-width apart, arms either at your sides or holding weights. Keeping your weight in your heels, begin lowering your legs and raising your arms in front of you.
- Keeping your back straight, lower until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Maintain an even pace and rise back to a standing position. Repeat 3 sets of 15 reps.
8. Explosive Lunges
Explosive Lunges qualify under high-intensity exercises, which immediately increase your heart and get your calories burning.
This is how you have to perform this exercise.
- Start with your feet together, hands on your hips. Step forward with your right leg.
- Bend until your right leg is at a 90-degree angle. Jump up, switch your legs in midair, and end with the left leg lunged forward.
- Repeat the lunges, switching sides for 1 minute. Complete 3 sets.
This weight loss exercise targets your core, chest, and legs simultaneously.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and arms at your sides. Push your hips back, knees bent, and lower into a squat.
- Place your hands on the floor directly in front of you and shift your weight to them. Jump back softly to land on your feet in the plank position.
- Jump your feet forward so they land just outside of your hands. Reach your hands up and jump explosively into the air.
- Immediately lower back into a squat for the next rep. Repeat 8 to 12 times. Complete 3 sets.
Lunges as a weight loss exercise are highly effective for torching calories. This exercise works on your glutes, quads, and hamstring. Again, this exercise is high intensity. For this exercise, perform the following steps:
- Stand tall with feet hip-width apart. Place hands on your hips or hold weights, and take a controlled step forward with your right leg.
- Keeping your spine tall, lower your body until your front leg and back leg form a 90-degree angle.
- Pause, then bring your right leg home to start.
- Now do the other side by stepping forward with your left leg.
- Repeat 10 times on each side. Do a total of 3 sets.
So here, we have talked about 10 weight loss exercises you can immediately start performing in the comforts of your home.
Combine them with a balanced diet full of fat burning foods  and see the results.
For more information on how to go about incorporating weight loss exercises and foods in your diet, talk to our Truweight Nutritionist today! Click here to avail it.