5 Ultimate Exercises for Diabetes to Lookout For
Type 2 Diabetes is one of the common diseases that we find today.
Although it is mostly caused due to genes, lifestyle as well as developing insulin resistance can be factors too for causing Type 2 Diabetes. So exercises for diabetes are very much important.
Table of Contents
The disease even though cannot be cured, is found to be manageable. Yes, Type 2 Diabetes can be improved by bringing in dietary and lifestyle changes.
To know more about how Diabetes can be corrected to a great extent naturally with your diet, consult one of Truweight’s Nutritionist, today. The best part is, the first consultation is Absolutely FREE! Click here!
While diet plays a key role here, exercises for Diabetes are also quite important. A sedentary lifestyle brings a lot of health concerns, out of which obesity or weight is the prime one. And this eventually is also a great contributor to developing Type 2 Diabetes.
5 Exercises for Diabetes to look out for
1. The Yoga
The Yoga is one of the simplest forms of exercise for diabetes that you can do right at your home. these yoga asanas bring abdominal contractions and relaxations that stimulates the pancreas.
A yoga asanas also improve blood flow in the pancreas that eventually improve the pancreas’s ability to produce insulin. Also, yoga helps in Type 2 Diabetes as follows:
- a) It reduces blood sugar levels in patients with Type 2 Diabetes. 
- b) Works on hormones and is shown to be effective in suppressing cortisol, the stress hormone. Stress decreases insulin activity and can cause hyperglycemia, which is an excess of glucose in blood that leads to Type 2 Diabetes. 
- c) brings relaxation of muscles and improved blood supply. This makes glucose readily taken up by the muscles leading to less glucose in the blood.
- d) if followed properly, brings weight loss, which is a major contributor in causing Type 2 Diabetes.
Common Yoga Asanas that are prescribed for Diabetes are
- Sun Salutation
- Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
- Halasana (Plough Pose)
- Ardha Matsyendrasana (Half Twist Pose)
One of the most commonly prescribed exercises for diabetes.
mostly brisk walking is effective in improving Diabetes.
Daily walking routine helps increase absorption of glucose by muscles, thereby reducing blood glucose levels.
Walking also helps in weight loss which helps in improving diabetes.
Moreover, walking fast can raise heart rates which help the body to use insulin better. In a study, it was found that walking each day lowers A1c. 
Tips for walking exercise
- Choose the pace of walking that suits you. Don’t overdo it.
- Wear shoes that are comfortable and supportive.
- Select a time that is suitable for you. You can go in the morning as well as evening walks.
- Track your walking distance as well as blood sugar readings prior to and after taking up walking exercise for Diabetes, weekly.
3. Tai Chi
It is a Chinese martial art that is very commonly practiced for health benefits. Tai chi can be paced according to you and is a great way of stretching.
The best part about Tai Chi is that it can be followed by people belonging to any age group.
5 Benefits of Tai Chi
- Helps in reducing stress levels.
- Boosts aerobic activity in the body.
- Improves flexibility of the body.
- Effective in reducing joint pains.
- Improves the overall immune system.
Recently, Tai Chi has been gaining importance in improving Diabetes. This easy and simple form of exercise for diabetes has shown improvements in glucose levels with neuropathy. 
4. Resistance Training
Weight training is highly recommended in the list of exercises for diabetes. builds muscles that are very important for the diabetics.
It helps in developing body strength along with the size of skeletal muscles. Studies show that Resistance Training fights metabolic dysfunctions in Type 2 Diabetic Patients.
It has been found that after the age of 30, people start losing skeletal body mass that may lead to the risk of developing glucose intolerance and eventually Type 2 Diabetes.
Moreover, Strength Training helps in keeping your entire body fit so that with age you won’t face difficulties while lifting things, climbing stairs.
Studies show that resistance or strength training is one of the best exercises for diabetes by enhancing insulin sensitivity and daily energy expenditure.
A study showed that after 3 months of moderate-intensity circuit resistance training, decreased levels of A1C, the haemoglobin which determines the blood sugar concentrations. 
This one is a fun exercise for diabetes. Dancing your heart out for 20 minutes can bring you many health benefits along with a fun time.
4 of the Major health benefits of Diabetes
- Having dance as a daily routine will improve your heart health immensely.
- Dance reduces the stress that improves insulin activity.
- Dancing burns calories that vary with the intensity of dancing. 
- Daily dancing can improve memory.
Studies have shown that following dancing sessions lower obesity and thereby the onset of Type 2 Diabetes. 
Q. Can diabetes be cured by exercise for diabetes and diet?
A. Although Diabetes is an incurable disease, studies have now and then proved that it can manage as well as reversed by proper exercises and diet.
Q. How much exercise is good for diabetics?
A. According to the American Diabetes Association, a Type 2 Diabetic patient should exercise for half an hour at least five days a week.
Q. Can exercise for diabetes reverse diabetes?
A. Exercise for diabetes and Diet can together help managing Diabetes to a great extent that can even lead to reversing Diabetes.
Q.What is the best exercise to lower blood sugar?
A. The best exercise for diabetes is as mentioned above- Walking, a Yoga and even Swimming is often prescribed to lower blood sugar.